LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The LDJ program:
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with it
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret, and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
LDJ was created in collaboration with people living with dementia and their care partners. It provides a fresh perspective on dementia care and support based on real life experiences.
The program emphasizes the importance of shifting care and services to focus on a person’s strengths and abilities, and how each person can be supported in living life to the fullest.
The program is offered as a 1-day Overview Workshop or a 2-day Train the Trainer Facilitator Workshop. The program includes presentations, individual reflections, small and large group discussions, and experiential learning to meet the needs of adult learners.
For LDJ Facilitators
Contact the LDJ team at firstname.lastname@example.org to place your LDJ learner workbook orders.
Date created: 2017