The Board of Directors meets quarterly to provide strategic oversight, set priorities, and identify opportunities for the RIA.
Chair of the Board:
- Ronald P. Schlegel, O.C., PhD, LL.D., BAS (Honourary), Founder (pictured on the left)
Members (in alphabetical order):
- Veronique Boscart, RN, BScN, MScN, PhD, Executive Dean, School of Health & Life Sciences, CIHR/Schlegel Industrial Research Chair for Colleges in Seniors Care, Director, Schlegel Centre for Advancing Seniors Care, Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
- Paul Brown, Chief Operating Officer, Schlegel Villages Inc.
- Roy Cameron, PhD, FCAHS, Executive Director, Homewood Research Institute
- Josie d’Avernas, BSc, MSc, Executive Director, Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging
- Barbara Fennessy, PhD, Vice President of Applied Research, Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
- Paul Fieguth, PhD, PEng, Professor & Chair, Faculty of Engineering, University of Waterloo
- Richard Hughson, BSc, MSc, PhD, FCAHS, Schlegel Research Chair in Vascular Aging & Brain Health, Professor, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, University of Waterloo
- Dr. Joe Lee, MD, CCFP, FCFP, MCISc(FM), Chair & Lead Physician, The Centre for Family Medicine
- Lili Liu, PhD, Dean, Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, University of Waterloo
- John Milloy, DPhil, Community Representative
- James Schlegel, MAcc, CPA, CA, President & C.E.O., R-B-J Schlegel Holdings Inc.
- Dr. Tom Stewart, MD, FRCPC, President and CEO – St. Joseph’s Health System,CEO – Niagara Health
- Elizabeth Witmer, BA, Community Representative