CHOICE+ Champion Leader Training
November 7, 2019
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging (RIA)
250 Laurelwood Drive Waterloo, ON, N2J 0E2
Are you looking to enhance the mealtime experience for residents in retirement and long-term care?
Join Heather Keller, PhD, RD, Schlegel Research Chair in Nutrition and Aging, for an informative workshop on the CHOICE+ Program, and learn how to use tools and resources to be a champion for change in your home.
Participants will receive a detailed manual outlining steps for making change and how to access and use CHOICE+ resources to help their team improve mealtimes.
Who should attend?
- Food service team members
- Nurses/care team members
- Directors of Care
- Directors of Recreation
- Quality Improvement Leaders
- Dietary/nutrition managers
- Other team members/leaders with a passion for making change!
- Learn about the CHOICE+ tools and resources, and how to use them to enhance mealtimes
- Learn communication techniques to strengthen relationships with residents and team members
- Learn how to use information and data to drive practice
- This training is being evaluated as part of a research project
- Participants can complete a questionnaire before and after the workshop, and participate in an interview 3-4 months later (optional)
- Registration is required
- There is no cost for the training
- Each home/organization can send one or two team members for this training – at least one management is recommended
- Lunch will be provided