LIVING the Dementia Journey: Overview Workshop
September 21, 2021 - September 22, 2021
LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The LDJ Program:
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with dementia
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
The Overview Workshop is an interactive virtual session held over two days (two four-hour sessions) for community members, family care partners, team members at home care/service organizations, and those providing support at long-term care and retirement homes.
Next virtual workshop:
- September 21st 1:00pm – 5:00pm EST and
- September 22nd 1:00pm – 5:00pm EST
Registration fee: $225 CDN per person (workbook included)
To register for this virtual workshop, please complete the registration form below. For more information, please contact email@example.com or 226-581-1377.