LIVING the Dementia Journey: Overview Workshop
February 21, 2019
The RIA is offering complimentary “LIVING the Dementia Journey” workshops in partnership with the Waterloo Wellington LHIN for long-term care homes within the region. This professional development opportunity is part of the Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) Enhancement Fund.
LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The Overview Workshop is a 1-day training session intended for team members at long-term care homes. The workshop includes a workbook and certificate for each participant, as well as lunch and refreshment breaks.
Please note: participants must attend the entire workshop to receive the certificate.
By attending this workshop, participants will:
- Be introduced to the six program modules
- Have an increased understanding of dementia
- Be introduced to strategies to support the well-being of people living with dementia
Who is Eligible to Attend?
- Team members working in long-term care homes in Waterloo-Wellington.
- No more than 3 team members from the same long-term care home.
- Up to 2 additional team members can be added to a wait list.
- This workshop is limited to 30 participants. REGISTER TODAY!
February 21, 2019 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
Parkwood Mennonite Home
726 New Hampshire Street
Waterloo, ON, N2K 4M1
Questions? Please contact Emily Lambe at 519-904-0660 ext. 4114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about LIVING the Dementia Journey, visit: www.livingdementia.ca