LIVING the Dementia Journey: Overview workshop
April 27, 2021 - April 28, 2021
LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The LDJ Program
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with demenita
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
In 2021, we will be offering our LIVING the Dementia Journey Overview Workshop. This virtual course is for community members, family care partners, team members at home care/service organizations, and those providing support at long-term care and retirement homes.
The April 2021 overview sessions will take place on:
April 27th 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
April 28th 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-904-0660 ext. 4114