LIVING the Dementia Journey: Train-the-Trainer Workshop
November 27, 2019 - November 29, 2019
LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The Train-the-Trainer workshop is a 3-day interactive training workshop intended for team members of organizations that are interested in building capacity to train and support their entire teams.
By attending this workshop, participants will:
- Fully explore the six LDJ program modules
- Gain adult learning and facilitation skills
- Be trained to effectively teach the LDJ curriculum to adult learners
- Have an opportunity to practice facilitating sections of the program
- Become certified facilitators of the LDJ Overview Workshop and LDJ In-Depth Workshop
Each trainee will be provided with all necessary course materials.
Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be provided on all three training days.
November 27 – 29, 2019 (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging (RIA)
250 Laurelwood Drive, Waterloo, ON
Questions? Please contact Emily Lambe at 519-904-0660 ext. 4114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.