Living the dementia journey: Train-the-trainer workshops
March 9, 2021 - June 22, 2021
LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) is an award-winning, evidence-informed training program for those who support people living with dementia. Participants gain awareness and understanding that changes not only the way they view dementia, but the way they support people living with it.
The LDJ Program
- Increases understanding of dementia and provides a new perspective on the experience of living with demenita
- Applies a person-centred approach to provide individualized support
- Enhances skills in relationship-building to support individuals with compassion and respect
- Shares strategies to recognize, interpret and respond to personal expressions (behaviours)
- Addresses ways to tackle boredom, loneliness, and helplessness by creating opportunities for meaning, purpose and growth
In 2021, we are offering our train-the-trainer course to organizations interested in building capacity to train and support their teams. These virtual workshops train participants to become certified LDJ facilitators and effectively teach others to better support individuals living with dementia.
The 2021 train-the-trainer sessions will take place on:
June 15th 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
June 16th 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
June 17th 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
June 22nd 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
Participants must attend all 4 days in a workshop to become a facilitator.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-904-0660 ext. 4114