Rethinking senior living: Supporting comfort and belonging for people living with dementia
November 16, 2021
Save the Date!
In the next Walk with Me webinar, we will explore the environment and how it shapes the experiences of people living with dementia. Strategies and resources will be shared supporting team members in senior living to assess living spaces and make simple improvements to enhance quality of life for those that live and work in the space.
Date and time:
November 16, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Understand how dementia can cause sensory changes and how that impacts the experiences of people living with dementia
- Discuss how the physical and social environment contribute to one’s sense of comfort and belonging
- Learn about a framework to look at spaces through the eyes of and in collaboration with those living with dementia
- Learn strategies to assess senior living settings and make simple improvements, including two free resource downloads
- Agnes Houston (pictured left), MBE, Dementia Activist
- Dr. Al Power (pictured right), Schlegel Chair in Aging and Dementia Innovation, Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging
- Laura Aguiar (pictured middle), MPH, BASc
Who should attend?
- Team members and leadership in senior living
- Older adults, people living with dementia
- Architects, interior designers
- Family care partners
Stay tuned, registration will be opening soon.