Year 3 of PREP LTC is now open! There are changes in funding amounts and how LTC homes can allocate funds.
This year offers a flexible funding mix of up to $40,000 or more, giving homes the freedom to use the funds where they’re needed most! Pick the best option to meet your home’s clinical student placement needs.
- Option 1: Receive $30K student placement coordination funds within 60 days of registering, plus up to $10K in backfill/honoraria or more.*
- Option 2: Receive up to $40K solely for backfill/honoraria or more.*
Both options include unlimited eLearning Course funding, which homes receive within 60 days of team members completing the preceptor course.
*The backfill/honoraria amount depends on the total number of students registered and the number of homes that apply.
- LTC homes must enroll in PREP LTC LTC and register for student placement coordination support by December 19, 2023, to be eligible for funding. If requesting student placement coordination funding, select the option at the time of enrollment
- Homes must register students by January 31, 2024.
- LTC homes must spend all funds by March 31, 2024.
Regional Engagement Liaison (RELs) will connect with LTC homes to provide support and ensure homes have access to all the funding for which they are qualified.
Enroll today at clri-prepltc.ca!
PREP LTC is led by the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (Ontario CLRI) at the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging in collaboration with the Ontario Ontario CLRI teams at Baycrest Health Sciences and Bruyère. The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of the Province.
The PREP LTC eLearning Course was developed by the Ontario Ontario CLRI at Baycrest and is built on the successes of the Ministry-funded Preceptor Education Program (PEP) in collaboration with the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Western Ontario and with Fanshawe College School of Nursing.