Exploring the efficacy of portable lift-assist devices relative to large mechanical lifts to lift fallen residents
The purpose of this project is to determine if emerging portable lift-assist technologies provide a viable solution to address care partners concerns and limitations to lifting fallen residents. This is important because lifting a fallen resident from the floor to an upright or transferrable position can expose caregiver’s to harmful ergonomic hazards, and the use of current large mechanical lift assist devices may not be feasible.
Andrew Laing, PhD
- Steven Fischer, University of Waterloo
- Taylor Cleworth, University of Waterloo
- Amy Harbin, Schlegel Villages
- Amanda Calford, University of Waterloo
- Sheldon Hawley, University of Waterloo
Funding provided by: CRE-MSD
There are no "Publications" associated with this Project.
The are no "Related Resources" associated with this Project.