About the Leadership in Senior Living Program
The Leadership in Senior Living Program equips current and aspiring leaders with the skills they need to effectively lead high-functioning teams and support person-centred care in today’s senior living sector. The program includes five online courses where learners engage in group discussions, examine real-life scenarios and learn from leading experts. Program graduates foster individual, team and organizational success, creating senior living environments where everyone thrives.
Course topics include:
- Effective leadership approaches and living the mission, vision and values
- Customer experience and changing the organizational culture to support aging well
- Evidence-informed decision making and analyzing contributing factors and expected outcomes
- Leading teams and fostering individual performance and healthy team dynamics
- Quality improvement and sustaining individual, team and organizational success
- Newly redesigned to provide an engaging online learning experience with the latest best practices in leadership for senior living.
- Flexible schedule where learners complete course work at their own pace, committing approximately 3 hours a week.
- Graduates receive a Certificate of Achievement from Conestoga College.
- The program meets Ontario requirements for a program of instruction for Administrators in the Regulations under the Long-Term Care Homes Act.
The Leadership in Senior Living Program was co-developed by Conestoga College and the Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging.
- Learners typically complete the program in 6 months, committing approximately 3 hours per week to coursework.
- $1,600 per learner plus a $30 program application fee
To learn more about this program or to register for the next available session, visit Conestoga College’s website.
For additional questions, contact the Leadership in Senior Living Program.
Date created: Launched in 2009, updated in 2020