Culture change is a collaborative, process-oriented journey that is guided by shared values and supported by an organization’s positive qualities. A truly collaborative culture change journey seeks to honour, celebrate, and build on an organization’s strengths with the objective of enhancing the capacity of staff and volunteers to support quality of life and care for older adults.
The Leadership Program for Long-Term Care and Retirement Living is a continuing education program that focuses on building essential leadership capabilities that are in demand for today’s and tomorrow’s leaders.
Leadership Program for Organizations: Engages current and aspiring leaders within an organization to learn and build their skills together, creating a powerful team that is ready to mobilize the organization’s vision, mission and values. There are class sizes of 20-30 students, flexible class start dates, and opportunities to customize to organizational needs.
Leadership Program for Individuals: Engages current and aspiring leaders from various organizations and senior care settings in an innovative education program to build and empower their personal leadership capabilities.
Leaders will cultivate their skills to:
- Make wise choices
- Seize opportunities to improve
- Think creatively
- Mobilize and sustain change
- Solve complex and ever-changing problems
- Prioritize and balance many demands
- Communicate, collaborate and connect
- Mentor self-directed work teams
- Inspire and empower for performance
- Foster authentic relationships
- Focus on the customer
- Integrates leadership and management capabilities
- Learners build Personal Leadership Portfolios
- Delivered through a hybrid learning format (mixture of in-class and online):
- Interactive online learning resources
- Engaging webinars and videos
- Individual and group learning activities
- Expert speakers and case studies
This leadership program meets the requirements for a program of instruction for Administrators in the Regulations under the Long-Term Care Homes Act. It can be adapted for aspiring leaders in home care, continuing care, specialized geriatric services, and acute care.
$1820 per individual
Bursaries are available to Ontario long-term care homes on behalf of the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care.
For more information:
Contact Regina Dryngiewicz at Conestoga College (519-748-5220 ext. 3635).
Date created: 2009